This page includes a chronological listing of the articles that: 1) have recently been added to the Akamai Identity Cloud Education Center; 2) have recently been removed from the Identity Cloud Education Center; or, 3) have recently been modified.
October 29, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the Apple Social Login Configuration Guide.
- Hosted Login.
October 28, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the Facebook Social Login Configuration Guide.
October 27, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the following social login configuration guides:
October 26, 2020
October 20, 2020
- Supported Web Browsers. Removed Microsoft Internet Explorer from the list of web browsers supported by Hosted Login, and added a note explaining why support for IE has been discontinued.
October 13, 2020
- Hosted Login. Added a screen text "locator" page for Hosted Login v2, as well as information regarding a way to experiment with changing new text elements introduced in Hosted Login v2.
October 12, 2020
- Hosted Login. Updated the how-to article How to Modify the Text of Your Hosted Login Screens to include a section on modifying screen text by using Console, and another section explaining how to modify multiple items with a single API call.
October 8, 2020
- Hosted Login. The Theming section of the Hosted Login documentation has been overhauled to provide more comprehensive information on:
October 2, 2020
- Getting Started Guides. Intrigued by Hosted Login, but not sure how to get started with it? Here's a thought: why not start with the Identity Cloud Getting Started Guides? These friendly, interactive guides walk you through several crucial administrative tasks. tasks such as configuring Hosted Login; managing user consents; upgrading to Hosted Login v2; and enabling two-factor authentication. Think Hosted Login is too hard to setup and configure? You might want to think again ....
- Hosted Login v2. The first major upgrade to the Identity Cloud's flagship product,, and it's a doozy: Hosted Login v2 that introduces a number of highly-desired features , includingas two-factor authentication and support for trusted devices. See this article for more details.
September 14, 2020
- Entity and Entity Type REST API. Add a new article (Why Can't I Find the User Account I Just Created?) that explains why you might encounter the following situation: you create a new user account, but that user account doesn't show up when you use the entity.find or entity.count endpoints. The odds are good that you never will encounter this, but if you do .....
September 1, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the Twitter Social Login Configuration Guide to reflect Twitter's new policies and procedures for using Twitter as a social login provider.
- Social Login. Updated the Google Sign-in Configuraton Guide to reflect the new process for creating an OAuth client that enables you to use Google as a social login provider.
August 6, 2020
- Social Login. Both Instagram and the legacy version of Yahoo! social login have been deprecated as social login providers. Instagram can no longer be used for social logins; for Yahoo!, you'll need to switch to Yahoo! OAuth 2.0.
June 12, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added a new section detailing how authorization rules are processed, and explaining what happens when an authorization rule is triggered:
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added new OpenID Connect endpoints for:
June 10, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added a new section on adding claims to an authorization request:
May 13, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added a new section on choosing between opaque access tokens and JWT access tokens:
May 5, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added new section mapping CSS classes to Hosted Login screens:
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added new page that lets you search for a specific Hosted Login translation:
April 29, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. New addition to the OpenID Connect Token Reference:
April 28, 2020
- SIEM Event Delivery. New documentation added for the Identity Cloud's SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Delivery Service. Documentation includes:
April 20, 2020
- REST APIs. Added information about ASCII sort order to the following article:
- Console. Added information about the special characters allowed in a Console password to the following articles:
April 17, 2020
- Registration. Updated the following field- and form-related articles:
April 15, 2020
- Hosted Login. Added a section on using configurable identity providers (IdPs) to the following article:
April 13, 2020
- Identity Providers. Added a new configuration guide for LINE, and a note about Yahoo! Japan, a new "configurable identity provider." You must contact your Akamai representative before you can use a configurable identity provider. New articles include:
April 8, 2020
- Console. Added a number of new articles related to schema and entity type management. New articles include:
- Creating a New Entity Type Schema
- Creating a New Schema by Copying an Existing Schema
- Creating a New Schema by Using JSON
- Deleting an Entity Type Schema
- Adding an Attribute to an Entity Type Schema
- Attribute Data Types, Validations, and Transformations
- Attribute Data Types Reference
- Adding an Attribute by Using JSON
- "Building" an Attribute
- Copying an Existing Attribute
- Deleting an Attribute
April 1, 2020
- Console. Added a number of new articles covering Registration Builder updates, including the ability to manage flows, forms, and screens. New articles include:
- Registration Builder Permissions
- Navigating Between Tabs
- Creating a Field
- Working with Advanced Options
- Registration Builder Advanced Options
- Configuring select and radio Options
- Adding Data Validations
- Copying a Field
- Deleting a Field
- Creating a Form
- Copying a Form
- Editing a Form
- Example Usage
- Deleting a Form
- Creating a Screen
- Copying a Screen
- Editing a Screen
- Deleting a Screen