This page includes a chronological listing of the articles that: 1) have recently been added to the Akamai Identity Cloud Education Center; 2) have recently been removed from the Identity Cloud Education Center; or, 3) have recently been modified.
December 14, 2021
- Hosted Login. The following articles (and their underlying features) have been added to Hosted Login:
- Supported Authorization Grant Types. Detailed information about Hosted Login's four supported grant types (authorization_code, implicit, client_credentials, and refresh_token).
- Supported Response Types. Information about the response types (code. token, and id_token) supported by Hosted Login.
- Supported Response Modes. Detailed explanation about Hosted Login's supported response modes: query, fragment, and form_post.
- Push Claims. Discusses push claims, a new way to standardize and centralize claims usage in your authorization request.
- Secure Audience Injection and the resource parameter. Explains how to use the resource parameter to place limits on where an access token can be used.
- Manage Push Claims. API reference for configuring push claims.
- Manage Allowed Response Types. API reference for configuring response types.
- Manage Allowed Grant Types.API reference for configuring grant types.
- Manage Allowed Resource Indicators. API reference for adding resources to a token policy.
In addition to the reference material listed above, the following articles have been updated to reflect the new Hosted Login features and capabilities:
November 30, 2021
- Webhooks v3. You can now add filters to your webhook subscriptions; these filter enable you to do such things as restrict your webhook notifications to events originating from a specified application or events that involved a specified user profile attribute. See the documentation for complete details.
November 2, 2021
- REST API. See this article for information clarifying how (and when) the unicode-printable data constraint can be used..
August 19, 2021
- Postman Collection. The Identity Cloud's REST API Postman collection has been updated to include the Custom Provider endpoints, the new Webhooks v3 redelivery endpoint, and the password history endpoint.
August 16, 2021
- REST APIS. A new article that that specifies which Identity Cloud APIs respect API client allow lists and which ones don't. Allow lists enable you to specify that APIs can be called only from devices with an IP address included on the list. However, not all Identity Cloud endpoints respect allow lists.
August 11, 2021
- Hosted Login Configuration. Explains why you can't remove token policies or login policies from an OpenID Connect client. And further explains whether that really matters or not.
July 28, 2021
- Security and Support. You really shouldn't change an owner client secret on you're own. This article tells you why.
- Hosted Login v2. An explanation of which email templates (or, more-correctly, which 2FA templates) are responsible for the access code emails users receive after creating a new account.
July 6, 2021
- Webhooks v3. Describes the new Webhooks v3 event redelivery service, which provides a way for you to retrieve events that couldn't be delivered and: 1) are still in the event store; and, 2) are in the failure state.
- Webhooks v3 REST API. Documentation for the /redeliver endpoint.
June 14, 2021
- Hosted Login. A brief explanation of how the en (English) locales work in Hosted Login.
- Hosted Login. Filterable list of the languages and locales supported by Hosted Login.
- Flows. Why can't you directly edit the production version of an Identity Cloud flow? This article explains why, and also tells you what you can do instead.
May 27, 2021
- Custom Providers. Your first look at Custom Providers, a new Identity Cloud feature that lets you use pretty much any identity provider as a social login provider. (Well, as long as that provider supports OpenID Connect, SAML 2, or OAuth 2.0). And don't forget to check out the Custom Provider API reference while you're at it.
May 10, 2021
- REST APIs. A new Identity Cloud Postman collection is available for downloading.
April 26, 2021
- Akamai Identity Cloud Feature List. A detailed overview of the features and capabilities that make up the Akamai Identity Cloud.
April 22, 2021
- SIEM Event Delivery. View sample event notifications for the various SIEM event types.
February 25, 2021
- Getting Started Guides. The Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Getting Started Guide is bigger (and better) than ever: the guide has been updated to include both Risk-Based Authentication and Client Reputation.
February 2, 2021
- Risk-based Authentication. A new security feature that helps Hosted Login protect you against fraud and account takeover. The first two published articles in this section include:
- An Introduction to Risk-Based Authentication. Introduces RBA, and explains the use of the acr_values parameter and the acr and amr claims.
- Client Reputation. An RBA module that uses a sophisticated risk-analysis engine to compute a set of “risk scores” for each IP address that tries to access your site.
January 12, 2021
- Getting Started Guides. There's a brand-new Getting Started Guide available, this one exploring the ins and outs of sessions: application sessions, Hosted Login sessions, and IdP sessions. And if that's not enough, the new guide also discusses Hosted Login's version of Single Sign-On.
January 4, 2021
- Customer Insights. Added a section on boards, a new way to organize and provide quick access to Dashboards and Looks.
- Customer Insights. Updated the documentation on sending, scheduling, and downloading data. The updates primarily reflect changes to the Customer Insights user interface.
December 8, 2020
- Registration. Overhauled the fields documentation, correcting some inconsistencies in terminology and adding a table of available attributes and complete code samples to each field type.
December 2, 2020
- Email Addresses and Mobile Device Numbers. Added an article that explains how mobile device numbers are formatted, stored, and validated in Hosted Login v2.
December 2, 2020
November 10, 2020
- Hosted Login. Added documentation on two new endpoints used for migrating flows to Hosted Login v2:
November 10, 2020
- Customer Insights. Added documentation for four new visualization types:
November 6, 2020
- SIEM Event Delivery. Added an appendix that provides details on the key/value pairs that could be included in a SIEM Event Delivery notification.
October 30, 2020
- Integration Bus. Added a link to the Integration Bus Getting Started Guide.
October 29, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the Apple Social Login Configuration Guide.
- Hosted Login:
October 28, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the Facebook Social Login Configuration Guide.
October 27, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the following social login configuration guides:
October 26, 2020
October 20, 2020
- Supported Web Browsers. Removed Microsoft Internet Explorer from the list of web browsers supported by Hosted Login, and added a note explaining why support for IE has been discontinued.
October 13, 2020
- Hosted Login. Added a screen text "locator" page for Hosted Login v2, as well as information regarding a way to experiment with changing new text elements introduced in Hosted Login v2.
October 12, 2020
- Hosted Login. Updated the how-to article How to Modify the Text of Your Hosted Login Screens to include a section on modifying screen text by using Console, and another section explaining how to modify multiple items with a single API call.
October 8, 2020
- Hosted Login. The Theming section of the Hosted Login documentation has been overhauled to provide more comprehensive information on:
October 2, 2020
- Getting Started Guides. Intrigued by Hosted Login, but not sure how to get started with it? Here's a thought: why not start with the Identity Cloud Getting Started Guides? These friendly, interactive guides walk you through several crucial administrative tasks. tasks such as configuring Hosted Login; managing user consents; upgrading to Hosted Login v2; and enabling two-factor authentication. Think Hosted Login is too hard to setup and configure? You might want to think again ....
- Hosted Login v2. The first major upgrade to the Identity Cloud's flagship product,, and it's a doozy: Hosted Login v2 that introduces a number of highly-desired features , includingas two-factor authentication and support for trusted devices. See this article for more details.
September 14, 2020
- Entity and Entity Type REST API. Add a new article (Why Can't I Find the User Account I Just Created?) that explains why you might encounter the following situation: you create a new user account, but that user account doesn't show up when you use the entity.find or entity.count endpoints. The odds are good that you never will encounter this, but if you do .....
September 1, 2020
- Social Login. Updated the Twitter Social Login Configuration Guide to reflect Twitter's new policies and procedures for using Twitter as a social login provider.
- Social Login. Updated the Google Sign-in Configuraton Guide to reflect the new process for creating an OAuth client that enables you to use Google as a social login provider.
August 6, 2020
- Social Login. Both Instagram and the legacy version of Yahoo! social login have been deprecated as social login providers. Instagram can no longer be used for social logins; for Yahoo!, you'll need to switch to Yahoo! OAuth 2.0.
June 12, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added a new section detailing how authorization rules are processed, and explaining what happens when an authorization rule is triggered:
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added new OpenID Connect endpoints for:
June 10, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added a new section on adding claims to an authorization request:
May 13, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added a new section on choosing between opaque access tokens and JWT access tokens:
May 5, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added new section mapping CSS classes to Hosted Login screens:
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. Added new page that lets you search for a specific Hosted Login translation:
April 29, 2020
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2. New addition to the OpenID Connect Token Reference:
April 28, 2020
- SIEM Event Delivery. New documentation added for the Identity Cloud's SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) Delivery Service. Documentation includes:
April 20, 2020
- REST APIs. Added information about ASCII sort order to the following article:
- Console. Added information about the special characters allowed in a Console password to the following articles:
April 17, 2020
- Registration. Updated the following field- and form-related articles:
April 15, 2020
- Hosted Login. Added a section on using configurable identity providers (IdPs) to the following article:
April 13, 2020
- Identity Providers. Added a new configuration guide for LINE, and a note about Yahoo! Japan, a new "configurable identity provider." You must contact your Akamai representative before you can use a configurable identity provider. New articles include:
April 8, 2020
- Console. Added a number of new articles related to schema and entity type management. New articles include:
- Creating a New Entity Type Schema
- Creating a New Schema by Copying an Existing Schema
- Creating a New Schema by Using JSON
- Deleting an Entity Type Schema
- Adding an Attribute to an Entity Type Schema
- Attribute Data Types, Validations, and Transformations
- Attribute Data Types Reference
- Adding an Attribute by Using JSON
- "Building" an Attribute
- Copying an Existing Attribute
- Deleting an Attribute
April 1, 2020
- Console. Added a number of new articles covering Registration Builder updates, including the ability to manage flows, forms, and screens. New articles include:
- Registration Builder Permissions
- Navigating Between Tabs
- Creating a Field
- Working with Advanced Options
- Registration Builder Advanced Options
- Configuring select and radio Options
- Adding Data Validations
- Copying a Field
- Deleting a Field
- Creating a Form
- Copying a Form
- Editing a Form
- Example Usage
- Deleting a Form
- Creating a Screen
- Copying a Screen
- Editing a Screen
- Deleting a Screen