To get started setting up your Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) integration, the first thing you’ll want to do is copy the SFMC Data Sync pattern to your project folder in SnapLogic.
A pattern in SnapLogic is essentially the master copy of a pre-built integration. By making a copy of this pattern in your own project folder, you can configure and customize it for your needs without altering the master copy.
Copy pattern to project folder
- In SnapLogic, navigate to the Manager tab
- In the left navigation, click to open the SFMC Data Sync project space
- Click on the SFMCDataSyncPattern folder to view its contents
- In the main panel, check the box to select all six Pipelines, with the following caveat:
- SFMCDeleteSync and SFMCDeleteSync_DataExtensions are optional pipelines that are used to sync deletes from Identity Cloud with SFMC. This means if a user record is deleted in Identity Cloud, the same subscriber will be immediately deleted from SFMC. This is a one-way sync.
- If you want to sync deletes, include these two pipelines in your selection.
- If you do not want to sync deletes, leave these two pipelines un-checked.
Important Note! In order to sync deletes, you MUST map the Identity Cloud
uuid to the subscriber key in Marketing Cloud. If you can not use the
uuid as subscriber key for any reason, then the DeleteSync pipelines will not work for you.
- Remaining setup and configuration for the delete-sync functionality is covered later in this guide.
- Click the copy icon in the upper right corner
- In the modal, select your project folder under SFMC Data Sync and click Copy
Your project folder should now contain:
- Four (4) or six (6) pipelines