The Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Data Sync integration pattern provides a pre-built solution for syncing Identity Cloud user data with your Marketing Cloud subscriber list on a recurring basis.
- This is a one-way sync, from Identity Cloud to SFMC.
- When a user record is “synced” it is either added or updated in SFMC depending on whether there is already a matching subscriber.
- Additional user data from Identity Cloud can be synced to data extensions in SFMC.
- The first time the integration runs, all eligible user records are synced to SFMC.
- On each subsequent run, only new or updated user records (since the previous run) are synced.
- Optionally, user deletions in Identity Cloud can also be synced with SFMC to delete the corresponding subscribers.
The next steps will guide you through setting up and configuring this integration pattern, validating and executing it, and enabling your desired sync schedule.